Friday, March 30, 2012

Easter Eggs and "Jesus' Light"

My girls love to dye Easter eggs...I love it too!  We decided today would be a good day to dye some eggs.  Macy has had a little bug for a few days (she hasn't been to school in 3 days!).  It's not a wretched stomach virus, just some sort of little bug.  I feel so terrible for her...I bet she has lost 5 lbs!  So Macy and I picked Lucy up at noon, came home, and got busy with the eggs.
I was so proud of my hard boiled eggs.  Usually about half of them end up cracked, but not this time...only one cracked...yay!  I added a little salt and some vinegar to the water...not sure if that helped anything, but it seemed to. 
 The more color the better...

 They ended up so pretty...
I love having them in my bowl on my table.
 The sky around here never disappoints...
 Lucy calls this Jesus' light...
Hope ya'll have a happy weekend!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Your eggs look beautiful. Logan and I are going to color eggs this weekend and I did them with Madison last weekend.

Kasey said...

I love that last picture! And Jesus' light is the perfect name for it. I can't wait to dye eggs with my kids this year! I hope macy feels better soon!