Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday Snaps and Such

Our normal Sunday snaps after church...


 Me and my girls...
 Then things got silly.  Fast.
 We ALL got silly...

 Jason hardly ever agrees to have his picture made with me.  I think it's because he knows I will post it, and he doesn't like for his picture to be on my blog.  He did say I could put this one on here though..
 I decided to put this one on here too...
 Funny story...Jason got a haircut this week...which wouldn't be such a big deal, however Jason had not had a haircut in a really long time.  His hair does this thing when it gets long...it has lots of body and curls up...he has wings all over (I happen to love it that way!).  Anyways, Jason was ordained as a deacon in our church at the first of the year, and today was the first Lord's Supper we have had since his ordination.  So he decided he should get his hair cut for it.  The funny part is this...last night I got a phone call during the movie...it was a very good friend of mine from church...she and her husband (who is one of Jason's very good friends) were driving by our house and saw a man standing on our front porch peeping in the windows.  She said Jason's truck was there, but there were no lights on, so she was sure we weren't at home.  I told her it had to be Jason...she said no way, it was definitely NOT Jason.  It WAS Jason...she just didn't recognize him because the guy on our front porch had short hair.  Ha!  Lucy's Sunday School teacher (who is another very good friend of mine) almost wouldn't let Lucy go with him this morning because she didn't recognize him!
I have never been big on playing pranks on April Fool's Day, however Macy has been SO excited about it this year.  She loves doing funny things and playing practical jokes on us.  About a month ago, she decided we were going to even have teams this year...team Macy and Daddy...team Lucy and Mama.  I have to say, team Lucy and Mama were rocking and kicked things off.  We filled Jason's bodywash bottle with ketchup.  Nasty, I know.  Jason gets up really early on Sunday mornings and leaves for church before we even wake up.  He runs the screens for both services, so he has to get there about 7:15 to run over everything and make sure his screens are all lined up and ready to roll.  I panicked this morning when I woke up and all I could smell was ketchup.  I thought he must have had his eyes closed and used the bodywash, and all I could think was that he was going to be serving the Lord's Supper and sweating in his suit, and radiating the smell of ketchup.  But on no...Jason caught it right off the bat (although he DID squirt it in his hand).  The smell was from the message he left us on the athroom counter... 
 I went to tidy up the kitchen, and when I turned on the water, I got a nice surprise.  You know the trick...
One more for team Macy and Daddy was when Jason replaced my Sonic diet coke (with two shots of vanilla of course) with black coffee.  Now I love coffee, but only with lots of sugar and creamer!  Team Lucy and Mama got them back, though, right before bedtime...we put mustard in Macy's tube of toothpaste..a nasty surprise...but oh so funny!
We had a fun day playing pranks on each other, but most importantly, we spent the day worshipping and preparing for the upcoming Easter week.  I'll have to admit, the Lord's Supper today gave me chills like it never has before and moved me to tears.  Our pastor has been preaching on the cross for the last several weeks...and it all just sort of came together for me today.  I cannot wrap my mind around what Jesus went through for us.  I am so thankful for it, but so humbled by it.  It was a good Sunday...and we're looking forward to a great week!

No comments: